Monday, October 1, 2007

Open up and say...you're an idiot for getting my name tatooed on your neck


So, admittedly I stayed up til midnight last night to catch the second showing of the "Rock of Love" finale. Hey, I never claimed my taste in TV shows was classy...but honestly, this finale made me think slightly more of another Mindless Entertainment (yes, that's the production company's name--fitting right?) production.

To me, the big-boobed, blond stripper, Heather, was a shoe-in to win versus the 23-year-old, punk rock Jes. Heather was a little older (and definitely older looking) and Bret Michaels couldn't go an episode without gushing about how Heather was his best friend in the house...and well, her boobs are huge (and fake!)

After Heather dropped the L-bomb on Bret at dinner and he repeatedly griped about Jes' inability to let her guard down, I almost flipped the sleep timer on and rolled over.

...But I gotta say, the King Solomon twist at the end of this episode was a nice touch. Instead of making his decision prior to elimination, Bret went into the room and no joke, asked both of the girls to be his girlfriend. Heather, being the desperate idiot she is, replied, "I'd love to." Um, what? Metaphorically speaking, Jes saves the baby from being cut in half, and says, "I can't share someone I care about."

And King Solo--err, Bret Michaels chooses Jes because a pure and devoted love is what this entire show has been about, sans the scantily clad, cat-fighting women posing for album covers and talking dirty to him on the phone.

I guess every rose has its thorn.

...no? too much?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate f'ing Heather. She's TRASH. Bret was HER ticket out of whoredom and she totally took advantage of his status. (Despite of what she said about him taking advantage of her. What is there to take advantage of when she threw herself all over him at any attempt.)

As you can see, I'm a true-blue fan of the show. Yes, it's a bit overrated, and yeah, the girls were bitchy, fake-boobed and full of drama (ah-hem, LACEY), but it was most definitely entertaining and I'm happy he ended up with Jes. She was the best pick.

YAAAAAY. I'm so glad you have interesting topics for me to read about when I get home from work. I need a little time to relax after the craziness of my day. Keep them coming!

<3,
R