Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"God" help us

Okay, so remember my entry about that silly woman suing for millions of dollars because Apple discounted the price on the iPhone? That lawsuit's got nothing on this one.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha sued God last week, seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty for making terroristic threats, inspiring fear and causing "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Now, I can appreciate this guy's point because I've complained about this before: People sue over ridiculous things. But the thing that gets me about this case is that "God" actually answered. (And he says the senator is wrong, surprise surprise.)

"I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response from "God", read by court clerk.

Um, what? Is no one else seeing how ridiculous this is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shit, Jess you're on top of things. I'd never notice a news article like that, even if it was that ludicrous. I wonder what the court thought it was doing. The dude was trying to prove a the point that "anyone could sue anyone." All the courts had to do was ignore it, and the guy wouldn't have made a ripple. But instead some righteous employee replied 'mysteriously' as God. Now it's on CNN, and everyone looks like a jackass. Keep up the good work. I know where to look for news that I otherwise would have missed. Yeah, the Jerc Store. On credit.