Saturday, October 6, 2007

Only in the south...

A custody battle has blossomed in North Carolina, but no, it's not over some darling little tyke. It's over a severed foot. Um?

This guy John Wood lost his leg in a plane crash and had it embalmed. He hoped to be buried "as a whole man" when he died, so he stored it in a storage facility...in a meat smoker. When he got behind in his rent, he auctioned off his items and another man purchased the meat smoker with the leg inside.

Now okay, this is weird but the way this is being handled is even worse.

First of all, when the guy who bought the foot realized it, he called 911 and this is what he said:

911: What's the problem there?
WHISNANT: I've got a human foot --
911: Have a what?
WHISNANT: A human left foot.
911: What's your name?
WHISNANT: My name is Shannon Whisnant and it's plum nasty, got me grossed out.

And now this guy is refusing to give it back...mostly because he is using it as a tourist attraction and charging children $1 and adults $3 to come see the foot. No, I'm not making this up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is rediculous!

LOVE your blog. Keeps me entertained daily.

<3,
RAD

Anonymous said...

Alright, I find this absolutly hilarious. My big question is not why the guy who mistakenly bought a severed leg would want to keep it, but who in there right mind would go to some strange guys house and pay $3 to see another random guy's severed leg.

You have some really good article's on here by the way, keep 'em coming I really enjoy your writing.