Sunday, October 28, 2007

Spears sock stunt stinks

TMZ.com is reporting that the sock worn by a member of the paparazzi when Britney Spears ran over his foot has sold on eBay for $585. TMZ posted the item and will be donanting the money to Children's Defense Fund.

But $585?? Please, I've spent more on eBay buying concert tickets and I make less than women who work part time at Wal-Mart. (I'm kidding...sort of.) I guess TMZ was hoping for people to care more about a dirty sock run over by a dirty skank? Oh well, at least it's for the kids!

What makes me laugh is that TMZ said:
"This is the most infamous sock in the history of hosiery. Few, in fact, no other cotton sock has achieved so much notoriety in such a short time."


Umm, I hate Boston with a passion, but when I think of spotlighted socks--as I so often do--I usually think of Schilling's bloody sock in ALCS game 6 in 2004.

But Schilling? Spears? Socks? Sox? It's all malodorous to me.


No comments: