Thursday, October 18, 2007

Start spreading the news. He's leaving today.



In breaking (and heart-breaking) news, Joe Torre will not be returning as mananger of the New York Yankees next season. It's not because he wasn't asked back, but in my opinion, he wanted to walk out with some dignity.


The Yankees reportedly offerd Torre a $5 million, one-year contract--which with bonuses would be $8 mill--and he turned it down. Maybe he was offended that the contract would only be for one year, indicating that if the Yankees didn't win the World Series next year, then he'd really be gone. Or maybe he was just tired of being strung along, and he wanted to show them how it felt.


There's been no word yet on who Torre's replacement will be. I'd say unless (and maybe still if) it's Don Mattingly, there's going to be one mass exodus out of New York. Posada, A-Rod, Rivera...


I honestly feel like my dad just left my family. Picked up and abandoned us. I wish there were a way to e-mail Joe Torre and beg him to stay.


Or maybe I'll become a Rockies fan. Purple is my favorite color. (And no, I'm not a frontrunner. That was a sarcastic jab at all the frontrunners who will jump the Yankee ship.)
We'll miss you Joe :(

No comments: