Thursday, October 25, 2007

Old School Thursday

I've decided to add a little weekly special to The Jerc Store called "Old School Thursday," where we pay homage to forgotten gems of the past. Suggestions are welcome.

They're tiny, they're toony, they're all a little looney...presenting 1990's Tiny Toon Adventures.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE OPENING THEME


Your main players were Buster and Babs Bunny [no relation]. Most of the characters were meant to be mini-versions of originial Looney Tunes characters [hence the "we're all a little looney" - get it?]. There was also Plucky Duck, and personally, some of my favorite scenes were of him as a Baby Plucky because he was just so precious ["want to go on the elalator" and water go down the hoooole"]. There were also skits featuring They Might Be Giants, and I must admit, I have "Istanbul" and "Particle Man" on my iPod.

I may have had a crush on Buster when I was little, but Babs was totally my fav, all her crazy impressions and songs. And could an episode go by where you didn't wish Montana Max would get hit by a piano instead of poor little Furball?

Buster: Say goodnight, Babs.
Babs: Goodnight Babs!

Now tell me that doesn't give you a sense of nostalgia.

1 comment:

Lola said...

love it. and, in the veing of "they might be giants", download "birdhouse in your soul", it makes me happy and it will probably make you happy.

--Lola