Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fast food frenzy

It's pretty rare that I eat fast food, but inspired by two pages of coupons on my kitchen counter, I took a trip to a new (and very friendly) Arby's in my hometown. After my incessant ranving about how amazing their mozzarella sticks are, I went looking for the results of a ZAGAT survey from a few months ago, which rated America's best fast food places and favorite specific items.


FAST FOOD MEGA-CHAINS:
  1. Most Popular: Wendy's
  2. Best Food: Wendy's
  3. Top Facilities: Wendy's
  4. Top Service: Subway
FAST FOOD OVERALL CHAINS:
  1. Most Popular: Panera Bread Co.
  2. Best Food: Panera Bread Co.
  3. Top Facilities: Panera Bread Co.
  4. Top Service: Chick-fil-A
HONORS:
  • Best Chicken: Chick-fil-A
  • Best French Fries: McDonald's
  • Best Hamburger/Cheeseburger: Wendy's
  • Best Shakes: Dairy Queen
  • Most Child-Friendly: McDonald's
  • Favorite Mascot/Spokesperson: McDonald's-Ronald McDonald


I'm certainly not pushing for The BK King to be the best mascot; that thing is incredibly creepy, but my beef with this list--Where's Arby's? Saladworks? And most importantly...Taco Bell?!

For more informaton, check out the release.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tired Arby's and I LOVE IT. Much better than any greasy fast food place.

And SALADWORKS is my ultimate fave. Taco Bell (altough I rarely eat it) comes in 3rd after Panera.

WTF. They don't know what they're talking about.

<3,
RAD