Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dem's fightin' Phils

First and foremost, I am by no means a fan of any Philadelphia team.

But when the Philadelphia Phillies adopted the "Goosebumps" campaign this season, I don't think they had any idea how apropos it would become. The Phillies are without a doubt the most exciting team to watch this season.

And talk about coming down to the wire...The American League has been figured out for almost a week now, if not more (but God bless the Yankees for making the playoffs for the 13th straight year). Not very exciting. But man oh man, that National League sure knows how to make the end of September exciting.



Oh, and let's all let out an enormous "haaahaaa" for those M'azing collapsing Mets. Up by seven games with 17 left to play, tsk tsk. Just had to win those four games, right David Wright? I guess that champagne he was planning on drinking got rolled into the Phillies' clubhouse this afternoon. It sure looked tasty being dumped all over Charlie Manuel's body.







Now, a Yankees v. Phillies World Series seemed awesome to me at first, but I'm really hoping it doesn't happen. If the Phillies somehow beat the Yankees in the World Series, we the Yankees fans will never hear the end of it. But if the Yankees beat them, Philadelphia fans will just cry and say, "Oh, the Yankees bought that World Series," and a slew of other excuses.

I'm not trying to be a hater, I'm just saying... I've been waiting seven years for the Yankees to win their 27th World Series. That's a really long time to wait for your team to win a championship.

No comments: