Tuesday, December 18, 2007

New York's got it Made

Two months after Tiffany "New York" Pollard introduced us to an oddly familiar cast of suitors in all shapes and sizes, she has found the man of her dreams: George "Tailor Made" Weisgerber.
WARNING: SPOILERS

To me, the most unlikely of love interests for the feisty Pollard, Tailor Made beat out Buddha in last night's finale to become the 'winner' of I Love New York Season Two.

The announcement was pretty bizarre, but honestly, I thought it was pretty good (and yes, I'm ashamed). In last week's episode, New York sent home my pick, Punk, leaving the rich, balding Tailor and the sexy, but bullheaded Buddha to accompany New York and Sister Patterson to Jamaica.

Tailor Made--of course--buys a ring and proposes to NY on their date, only this time, she turns down the offer at the elimination ceremony, leaving the mindless masses across America to believe she's going to run a way with Buddha, even though he's only there for television (duh!). Instead, she throws Buddha's "I love you...but I'm not in love with you" line in his face and sends him packing. He then delivers a tough and intelligent confessional: If she wanted a spineless and mindless man, then it never would have worked with him. Don't worry Buddha--I'm sure you've got all sorts of modeling contracts and acting gigs on the way.

New York tells Tailor Made that she is in love with him, they embrace and she tells him, "Whatever you wanna do, let's just go do it!" I'm sure Sister Patterson was in the room watching--creepyyyy!

Sorry Midget Mac, I was pulling for you.

Now usually these things don't work out, but reality television skeptics might be shocked to hear that the new couple has actually been living together since the show finished taping and Pollard is getting along nicely with Weisgerber's 12-year-old daughter.

The reunion show will air in early January.


RELATED LINKS:

Deja New York

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Newyork is no fool. She would have been an ass not to pick Tailor made.

Anonymous said...

Umm That;s your accusation I like Punk