Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dreams are the things confetti is made of

I always wondered who had the tedious job of sweeping up all that Time Square confetti on New Year's Day, but apparently they're dream makers.

This year, the wishes of people across the world will be printed on the bajillion pieces of confetti dumped on the crazies who visit Time Square tomorrow as part of a NYE Wishing Wall.

To have your wish printed, visit this Web site and fill out the form. Wishes will also be posted here. The wish-filled pieces of confetti will be mixed with plain confetti (is that an oxymoron), equalling more than 1 ton of crap falling on people's heads and onto the dirty streets.

I seriously could not think of a more worthless idea. Is anyone going to read this?? Oh wait, let me bend down and pick some wishes off the street. Or hey, you, there's a wish stuck in your hair, oh it's little Jimmy from Poughkeepsie.

And if you try to fill out the form to submit a wish, you get like, 10 characters to write your it. "I wish this year tha--" that's all you get. I wish for more space to write my damn wish!

No comments: