Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's not easy being gr--blue?

So I think the tree limb man should befriend 57-year-old Paul Karason of Madera, Calif. Together, the two could represent land and sea.

That's because Karason's skin is an obvious shade of blue.

Fourteen years ago, the man developed a bad case of dermititis and instead of seeking medical help, he decided to self-medicate using a treatment called colloidal silver, which is made by extracting silver from metal.

Karason drank the liquid treatment and also rubbed it on his face, and for a long time did not eve realize that his skin had turned a hue of blue. [click here to watch an interview with 'the blue man']
"It wasn't until a friend I hadn't seen in several months came by my parent's place to see me and he asked me 'what did you do?.'"--Paul Karason
Side effects of taking colloidal silver include Argyria, which is an irreversible blue-gray discoloration of your skin, nails and gums--oh my God, you mean it turns your body blue??-- seizures and other neurological problems, kidney damage, indigestion, fatigue etc.

Karason (pictured above, middle) says he tries to avoid public places as much as possible. Maybe he can join the Blue Man Group? Ha--I'm sure he's never heard that one before.

Karason hasn't sought medical attention and is still drinking the treatment, but on a lesser doseage. Maybe he wishes to be a nice shade of cerulean; I mean, that was my favorite Crayola crayon, so I'd understand.

No comments: