Monday, December 17, 2007

King campaign

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Burger King gets lost in the mix of fast food restaurants; it's like, seventh on my list. But yet another viral video advertising campaign has hit the scene ala BK: whopperfreakout.com.

The video is an extended version of a Burger King commercial, which shows customers freaking out after hearing the fast food chain has discontinued the Whopper. No tears are spilled, but the video shows the elicited anger and/or (bizarre) emotional attachment some people have to BK's signature sandwich.

One user who watched the video via youtube, said:
"I swear to god if I heard that the whopper is no longer available... I would start killin' people... even the joke of this is not funny !!!! A world without a Whopper is a world without air & water !!!"--Terfen

I'm not sure if this really makes me want to go to Burger King, but at least it reminds people that the place exists, and the . I also don't know if I completely believe the veracity of this being 'actual footage,' but it is pretty clever, and the ending is phenomenal.

If you like this or this, check out whopperfreakout.com.

Thanks, Matt!

1 comment:

Matthew Ferguson said...

The reactions on that video are simply hilarious. Great marketing campaign. I hate Burger King...but I went to the website...and now may even subconsciously buy a whopper.