Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Deer-anged coach

A middle school coach in Georgia landed in jail after leading students on a vandalism stunt that left neighbors fuming and reindeer humping.

John Hayes, 46, reportedly loaded several of the teens into his pickup truck after dark (did that not cause alarm right off the bat?), and drove them around neighborhoods as they damaged Christmas displays. They even took those light-up reindeer and placed them in a sexual position--gasp!!

Hayes was confronted after a homeowner followed him. His explanation was that "it's just a bit of fun."

The coach would not give up the names of his underage accomplices, and is facing charges of trespassing, contributing to delinquency and reckless conduct. He was released on a $250,000 bond.

Come on, tell me you didn't know a teacher or coach when you were this age that would so totally do this with you. Yeah, it's wrong, but it's funny how much everyone is freaking out, so much so that it's national news. Me and my friend did this in high school, too. And that reindeer humping thing is sooo 2002.


2 comments:

Matthew Ferguson said...

Its always the Gym Teachers...or Coaches...I mean think about it. It is rarely the Math Teacher who is sleeping with the student, etc.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to say I'm in my 7th consecutive year of deer humping and at worst have had two different families chase me out of there neighborhoods..but its all in good fun, and I'd do it every year no matter what! :-)