Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby popularity contest

The Baby Center recently released a list of its top 100 names for both boys and girls based on statistics, and frankly, some of these names are freaking ridiculous.

What I find even more ridiculous, though, is the fact that people are naming their children after Britney Spears' kids and Grey's Anatomy! Addison?? Come on...


Here are the top 10 for both sexes:
Girls' namesBoys' names
1. Sophia1. Aiden
2. Isabella2. Ethan
3. Emma3. Jacob
4. Madison4. Jayden
5. Ava5. Caden
6. Addison6. Noah
7. Hailey7. Jackson
8. Emily8. Jack
9. Kaitlyn9. Logan
10. Olivia10. Matthew


I guess some of these names aren't so bad, but look through the list and feel free to scoff at some of these references. You've got Tristan, which to me, is a Gilmore Girls reference all the way, but maybe I'm wrong. Jayden--Jayden James Federline, and Preston is on there too, guhh. Brody--Brody Jenner?

The one that really makes me cringe though? Nevaeh - heaven backward. Give me a break. And I'm hoping these people didn't get that from "Crazy" (Heather) from Flavor of Love, because that's incredible sad (it's sad that I even get the reference to begin with, but anyway...)

And my name isn't on there? My name had been in the top 10 since 1980, and just suddenly dropped off the list this year. Wtf.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but don't be surprised next year when this baby list comes out and Audrina, Cohutta and Dannielynn end up at the top.

3 comments:

Matthew Ferguson said...

LOOK WHO'S NAME MADE THE TOP TEN...WOOT WOOT!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jerc said...

that's because you're in the Bible. that's an automatic in.