Thursday, January 17, 2008

This dog list bites

The American Kennel Club yesterday announced its annual rankings of the 157 recognized dog breeds, and arguably one of the uglier dogs has made a reappearance for the first time since the mid 1930s.

At the top of the list is the Labrador Retriever, which has been at the top for 16 straight years. Boring! The Yorkshire Terrier, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever and the Beagle followed behind.

The Boxer, Dachshund, Poodle and the Shih Tzu made up ranks 6 through 9.

And back in the top 10 for the first time in 75 years is the Bulldog. Ugh. My brother has one of these dogs and I think it is so incredibly un-cute.

But apparently owning a Bulldog has become as trendy as those little purse dogs that Paris Hilton put en vogue. Actors Adam Sandler and George Clooney both own Bulldogs, and the breed is the second-most popular dog in Los Angeles, according to the club.

My thoughts--Beagles are terrible, Poodles are hideous and Labs and Retrievers all look the same. Where's the Husky!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I all the time emailed this website post page to all my friends, since if like to read it
after that my links will too.

my web page - outstanding yellow lab golden retriever material