Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sounding like a freak on a leash

A girl being lead around London on a leash was thrown off a bus earlier this week, but the bus company has apologized for its actions.

Tasha Maltby, 19, is a self-proclaimed "pet" of her 25-year-old fiance, Dani Graves.
"I generally act animal-like and I lead a really easy life. I don't cook or clean and I don't go anywhere without Dani. It might seem strange but it makes us both happy. It's my culture and my choice. It isn't hurting anyone." - Tasha Maltby in an interview with the Daily Mail.
Hmm, yeah, that actually does sound like a really relaxed lifestyle. And I'm sure happily being referred to as your husband's pet (possession, object, whathaveyou) is going to do wonders for you as a woman.

Regardless, they probably shouldn't have been discriminated against in the way they were. Maltby and Graves, dressed in Gothic-style clothing and being lead by Graves on a leash, boarded the bus but were reportedly told by the driver: "We don't let freaks and dogs like you on."

Arriva, the bus company, said Wednesday they would not comment on the instance but apologized for the way the couple had been treated. A spokesperson did say that the driver was concerned for the safety of those on the bus.


And judging by all the reactions (and one death wish) I received from the last entry I used the word 'freak' to describe someone, I must mention a disclaimer: The title of this entry is just a play on words. These people are allowed to do, wear and say whatever they want. Just a play on words. Thank you.

No comments: