Saturday, January 19, 2008

Get me a Sammie

Earlier today, I read an article about Quiznos' plan to reinvent itself and drive sales through online ordering, new locations, delivery and a new menu item called the "Sammie."

Being a recently displaced Quiznos enthusiast, I did not argue when my boyfriend offered up the sandwich shop as a lunch destination this afternoon, and of course, we wanted to try out the 200- to 300-calorie concoction of meats and greens folded into flatbread.

I'm not looking for a Quiznos employee to stumble upon this blog and offer me up some free Sammies for the free publicity (though that'd be awesome), but I'm telling you - go get one of these things.

...actually, get more than one. They are an incredibly delicious and light meal for only $2, and Quiznos offers a $5.99 meal that includes two Sammies, a fountain drink and side - good deal. There are currently six varieties of Sammies and the flatbread itself is just phenomenal. Totally going to put up some competition for the crappy KFC Snacker and the McDonalds Snack Wrap.

To read more about the Quiznos reinvention, click here.

Quiznos has also adopted a new slogan: Mmm, Quiznos. Love what you eat. And today, I certainly did.

But there will always be a place in my heart for the old Quiznos singing rats commercials of 2003.

No comments: