Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Clay is gay - sounds like a nice nursery rhyme?

[Breaking news] Clay Aiken is gay.

...Wait, really?? I'm not trying to make light of this--I just legitimately thought he had come out like, three years ago.

Aiken apparently comes out on on the latest cover of People magazine, holding his infant son, Parker Foster Aiken. The headline reads, "Yes, I'm Gay," with the quote: "I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things."

The baby's mother is Aiken's friend and record producer Jaymes Foster.

This is nowhere near as shocking --or as devastating-- as finding out in 2006 that Lance Bass was gay. Or is gay. Whatever. You know what I mean.

UPDATE Lindsay Lohan is jumping on the orient(ation) express - she admitted this week that she has in fact been dating friend Samantha Ronson for "a very long time." Another not-so-shocking announcement: The media has been covering this for months, but whatev. Good for them. (Thanks, Dave.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that Clay waited until he was ready to tell people about his sexuality. I think EVERYONE's love life is private and personal and sometimes it can be hard to voice your feelings due to the unfortunate prejudice and criticism people suffer in America. I also think it is wonderful that he is able to have a beautiful, healthy baby with a woman he cares deeply about. So many gay men long to be parents, but are denied that, and I believe Clay will make a great dad!

Congratulations and you have millions of supporters behind you