Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grand Old convention

As predicted last week, I am already sick of politics and we're still two months away from the election. But, I did briefly wrote about the Dem National Convention last week, so it's only fair the Republicans get a mention on my very powerful political blog.

The news this week is all about McCain selecting Sarah Palin, the 44-year-old governor of Alaska, as his running mate. This woman has been the presumptive vice presidential candidate for approximately four days and we've learned all about her children, her grandchildren (just kidding), her abilities with a power rifle and her love of mooseburgers.

A Google search for 'sarah palin' turns up more than 4 million hits and about 48,500 news hits. I bet last week it would have been about 9,000.

The GOP convention was basically postponed due to Hurricane Gustav's devastation this weekend, but it's well underway now in St. Paul, Minn. Click here for a list of speakers and schedules.

And now I'm pretty sure I'm done talking about this election until November, but I'm certainly not opposed to reading people's thoughts on Sarah Palin...and the fact that someone whose only experience with foreign policy is shipping her son off to Iraq could potentially be the president of our country if McCain croaks in office. Frightening thought. But hey, she's hot, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - she is governor of a state that is CLOSE (kind of) to Russia!

If that's not experience, I don't know what is...