Sunday, September 21, 2008

A fond farewell

Sorry I've been MIA this weekend - After an "interesting" Friday night (for lack of better description and to save you all the drama), I spent my entire Saturday in New York, the bulk of which was spent at the Yankee's second to last home game --and last day game-- in Yankee Stadium EVER.

And thanks to my boyfriend (who got me the tickets in July for my birthday), our seats were freaking incredible.

The Bronx Bombers did not disappoint: Robinson Cano with the game-winning single in the bottom of the ninth gave Mariano Rivera the win and had Frank Sinatra crooning, "Start spreading the news..." for the next 45 minutes. On repeat. And I loved every second of it.

Tonight at 8 p.m., you can tune in to ESPN to watch the Yankees play their final game in the House That Ruth Built. The pre-game (going on right now), features Yankee greats like Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Joe Girardi, Don Larsen and more.

Pictures from my awesome seats will be up soon!

No comments: