Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thou shalt not obey Katy Perry

I guess the Havens Corners Church isn't a fan of cherry chapstick.

The Ohio Church posted a sign outside reading, "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT THEN I WENT TO HELL" -- an obvious play on Katy Perry's radio hit.

The pastor at the church proclaimed the sign a "loving warning to teens" to advise them not to do what the Perry advocates in her song, and that people familiar with the Scriptures should not be shocked at the message because they're not ambiguous.

Lynne Bowman, director of Equality Ohio, a gay and transgender advocacy group, said that the 100-person church has made it clear that it is not welcoming of all people.

"That sign just tells them where they cannot go to find the love and faith in Christ." - Lynne Bowman.

I am always a little skeptical of church sign stories, because it's pretty simple to create your own -- as evidenced below. But, I checked out the church's Web site, and its "Finding and feeding His sheep" tagline and the "What Must I Do to Be Saved?" page don't make it too hard to believe this is legit.

Thanks, Mc!

No comments: