Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Maybe it's time to get another TV in the house?

Updating a previous item: more terrible parenting and evil children on the loose.

A 12-year-old boy in Arizona stabbed his older brother over what to watch on television.

Officers said the younger brother went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife with a five-inch blade, returned to the living room and stabbed his 13-year-old brother in the stomach.

Their father was home at the time of the stabbing, but in another room.

...Are you serious? First of all, in my childhood experience, the "I was born first" defense usually trumped all and won control of the remote. And if for some reason, the younger sibling was feeling ambitious and put up a fight, the older one would offer up a punch in the arm--not a stab in the stomach--and the argument would cease.

If I wanted to watch "My Little Pony" badly enough, I would just cry and my mom would make my brother change the channel. But I guess stabbing him would have done the trick just as well.

No comments: