Thursday, May 22, 2008

Let the Fraggles play...on the big screen!

I'm glad someone figured out that making horror films about cell phones or more Tyler Perry movies was lame and decided to go back to the basics: classic children's television programming.

As reported by Variety Magazine, The Weinstein Co. intends to turn Jim Henson's brainchild "Fraggle Rock" into a live action musical.

Oh my God. You can't help but get warm fuzzies when you think of this show...and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then, God, I'm old. But I seriously cannot wait for this.

The good news is that not much about the show will change when it hits the screen: The film will feature a mix of human characters and puppets, and all your fav Fraggles (Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red) are onboard with the project.

There is no solidified plot announced yet, but word has it that the Fraggles will interact outside their home with humans, whom they think are aliens.

And just to celebrate, check out the classic Fraggle Rock intro below. I love Boober at the end--he's my fav.

Thanks, Dave!

No comments: