Tuesday, May 13, 2008

F-bomb on NBC

There's nothing I love more than live flubs on television and awkward moments--especially ala local news broadcasts--and this one is phenomenal.

Sue Simmons, a longtime NBC news anchor in NYC, was reading a tease during the 10 p.m. for the upcoming 11 o'clock news...only she didn't know it was airing live. Just as Simmons finishes teasing a package about grocery prices, B-roll of a cruise ship plays across the screen and she yells, well, go ahead and watch for yourself...



Haaaa. I especially love the more than eight seconds of silence that follow the blatant expletive.

When the news program aired at 11, Simmons offered an apology.
"I have to acknowledge an unfortunate incident... I used a word that many people find offensive. It was a mistake I made and I'm truly sorry."--Sue Simmons
NBC did not comment further.

RELATED LINKS
Muff-ing up on live television is always fun times

No comments: