Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pathetic at the pump

While some of you Hummer owners may have experienced this months ago, this week marks my very first pathetic "at the pump" experience: When I saw the cost to fill up my tank pass the $40 mark, I let out an audible whimper. And I may or may not have shed a tear.

I drive an extremely fuel efficient car, and I'm sure people reading this are like, "Yeah, $40. Go to hell." But, at the same time, I have an average commute of 85 miles round trip to work each day, which means I fill up every three days and it is absolutely murdering my bank account--thanks, meager journalist salary!

That being said, I came across this article that lays out some of the gas-saving myths that people may be throwing your way in these times full of fuel woes. Learn if premium gas actually gives you better gas mileage or if using your A/C is or is not eating all your gas. It won't tell you how to save money on fuel, but it will give you the knowledge to tell people they're full of something when they tell you to fill up your tank in the morning because the gas is colder.

No comments: