Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Hello--did you have a doubt? What up."

WARNING: SPOILERS
Again, I have shamefully slacked on my PR updates, but thankfully I caught tonight's season finale and all I can say is--FIERCE.

After going head-to-head with Chris March last week in a sudden death match up, Rami advanced to Fashion Week with Jillian and Christian. The designers had their shining moment to debut their line in Bryant Park in front of guest judge Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham. Daaaamn!

I also enjoyed the smattering of Bravo celebs sporadically placed throughout, like Padma, and love-of-my-life Jack with his new love interest Top Chef Dale, last season PR winner Jeffrey Sebelia and the rest of the eliminated designers from this season.

Jillian's line was--as always--wearable, but her complete lack of excitement really turned me off. Her clothes were derived from the painting she chose for the last challenge and appeared to be some sort of horse jockey meets knits with a few random shiny things thrown in. Hats, too. Lots of hats. Overall, it was a pretty line, but like the judges said, also disjointed.



Rami's line was--not surprisingly--impressive; I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would. And there were lots of headbands. What's with the headwear obsession? Rami's designs were much more cohesive than Jillian's, and the evening gowns were really well made. My fav was the basket woven dress--so pretty.



And then there was Christian who delivered ferocity and drama, drama, drama. Lots of frill and puffs. I was a little put off by the first five looks or so being all black (the judges were too), but I appreciated the transition into colors, and though I'd never wear most of the designs, they were really exciting and fun to look at. And how spectacular was it to finally see Christian show off his runway walking skills as he struck a 'ferosha' pose at the end.



The judges shared some of my sentiments, but no one was Christian's biggest fan tonight like Posh Spice herself. She was practically drooling, and in the end, Christian's clothes almost brought the cold one to tears! Gasp.

Jillian--you're out.
And you could just tell as soon as Heidi Klum said, "Christiaaan?" he was in. And I could not have been freaking happier. If Rami had won, it would have been a wash because he's already established, plus he and Jillian are both a snooze personality wise.

So a big congratulations to Christian for being the youngest--and fiercest--winner of Project Runway to date.

Sadly, this concludes this season's coverage of Project Runway, but let us all rejoice in the fact that Top 'mother freaking' Chef starts next week. CANNOT WAIT.

RELATED LINKS
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Mango + Chicken Gown = FIERCE!