Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dare I say, 'Where's the beef?'

This weekend, Michigan saw the birth of one big, bad-ass burger. A record-breaking burger, if you will.

Steve Mallie, owner of Mallie's Sports Bar and Grill in Detroit, has created what he believes to be the Guinness World Record's "largest hamburger commercially available."

The record is unofficial, but the 134-lb burger beats out
the 123-pound burger made last year by Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Pennsylvania. It requires 12 hours to prepare and three men to flip it using two steel sheets.

The joint needs 24-hours notice to prepare and you can purchase the burger--which is your standard bacon cheeseburger on crack--for $350.

I'm sorry, but based on the pictures, this thing looks appalling! It looks like the fake, plastic hamburgers that I had in my kitchen set as a kid, except, like, way bigger. And how the shit do you eat that thing!?

Thanks, Dave!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jess,

Nick and Eugene did a contest in January where they had to split a 50 pound burger with 3 other people and when they failed I tried it. It didn't taste that bad but the little piece made me want to puke from greasyness. Thought I'd share.

Love CS

The Jerc said...

thanks for the post, CS! I know for a fact you have video of that night and I pray to God their burger looked nothing like this Play-Doh looking thing.