Sunday, October 12, 2008

Luck of the flush

Ever since my dad told me the story about how my uncle won $10,000 on a scratch-off lottery ticket last week, I've mentioned it in casual conversation whenever family, the lottery or luck have come up...

And then during a delicious dinner at The Melting Pot this weekend, my friend told me about Kory McFarren, the Kansas man who won $20,000 on a scratch-off twice this year.

Wow, that's really luck--Wait a sec...Haven't I written about him before? Ohhhh, that's right--he's the guy whose girlfriend was stuck in the bathroom and on the toilet for two years.

Yup. The guy involved in one of the most unbelievable stories I've ever heard struck gold twice in one year. He cashed in his winning $2 Bonus Crossword ticket Monday. (I am addicted to that crossword one, too, by the way.)

In July, McFarren received six months of probation after pleading no contest to misdemeanor mistreatment of a dependent adult.

He called police in February when "something was wrong" with his girlfriend, Pam Babcock, who had essentially been living in the bathroom for the last two years and was literally stuck on the toilet for about a month. The seat had adhered to sores on her body and she underwent several months of treatment following police intervention.

McFarren said the woman developed a phobia about leaving the bathroom which stemmed from beatings she received in her childhood. To read more about the incident, click here.

Thanks, Jax!


RELATED LINKS

Literally stuck on the john

1 comment:

Miss Speaking said...

Jerc,
I told Tink about this very thing just the other day....he told me to go sit on the toilet.
I actually considered it to see if our luck would change.
Miss
PS i love those crossword ones too.