Thursday, July 31, 2008

I guess they didn't live happily ever after...

Well despite the thousands of New Yorkers and hopeless romantics in their corner, the real-life fairytale 'subway couple' has ended their relationship.


You might recall a post from November in which I easily convinced myself that love at first sight does actually exist by way of NYGirlOfMyDreams.com.

Web designer Patrick Moberg, then 21, from Brooklyn, created the Web site after he fell in love with a girl with a flower in her hair and blue tights under her shorts on the subway. He sketched a picture of her, posted his e-mail address and cell phone and encouraged anyone who knew the girl to contact him.

It took only two days for Moberg to officially meet Australian native Camille Hayton --with the help of some surprisingly sympathetic and romantic New Yorkers. The two dated for about two months, but apparently love at first sight isn't as eternal as some may like to think.
"I think the situation was so intense that it bonded us....[it] bonded us in a way that you could mistake, I guess, for being more romantic than it was. I don't know. But I wanted to give it a go so I didn't wonder what if, what if?"-- Camille Hayton
Moberg has refused to comment on the relationship. He went through all that trouble for her and didn't find love. He should probably start another Web site lamenting about the situation. I'm sure women would fall all over themselves for him.

RELATED LINKS
Once upon a time, in the city of New York

NYGirlOfMyDreams.com

No comments: