Sunday, June 29, 2008

That's the catch

In operating this blog, I often have friends and family members throwing stories and videos my way to see if it's anything I'd be interested in posting. Today, my dad asked me if I'd seen the incredible catch made by a ballgirl at a minor league game this week.

An incredible catch? Yes. But there's a figurative catch to the video, too. Take a look...



At first glance, it looks like this little brunette goes Griffey on the long foul ball toward the left field wall, but take another look at the catcher's equipment--During the initial shot (the actual footage), the glove is on his left hand and the equipment insignia is on his right shoulder; in the (staged) reaction shot, it's the reverse.

It appears viral advertising has struck again. Check out that sports drink bottle clearly displayed at the feet of the mini outfielder. Tricky, tricky Gatorade.

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself. It's awesome, but not real.

No comments: